I'm a Cowboy | Teen Ink

I'm a Cowboy

By J-Bone PLATINUM, Kanab, Utah
J-Bone PLATINUM, Kanab, Utah

"I want you to be forever strong on the feild so you can be forever strong off of it."

-coach Larry Gelwix

Verse 1: I ain't the kinda man you take home to papa. I don't wear a suit and tie, so honey please don't try. Before you take away who I am, I'd rather die.

Chorus: I'm a cowboy..I ride fences all day long. I'm a rambler..I wander from place to place to fix all the wrong. I'm a fighter..It's even worse when I have a beer. So don't hate me or change me my dear. I'm rambler, I'm a fighter, I'm a rider...I'm a cowboy.

Verse 2: I work on a farm and I think it's fun. I ain't ever gonna change, no, not for anyone. This life is wild and dangerous, that's why I love it so.

Verse 3: I wouldn't trade this life for nothin in the world. You can take your city ways and shove 'em. I ain't convertin to no city life, it just ain't up to code.

Verse 4: I ain't gonna live in a place with no open spaces. I like a town where I know all the faces. I'll stay in my one horse town my dear. Hey, before you go and leave me here, I need a couple bucks for a beer.

YEEHAW!!!