Today | Teen Ink

Today

By Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia
Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia

"and all you f***ers go beep beep beep in cheap,plastic cars. If It's to dumb to see or say you'll still sing it, and I'll just cue the applause" - Marilyn Manson

In a world full of change, we must endure.
But that don't mean you gotta love her.
I don't know why, It's always like this.
It's never like that when we kiss.

Yesterday, you loved me, you held me, Never wanted to lose me. You were my best friend, my boyfriend. But who are you today?

I don't want to hear the lies,
Baby look me in the eyes.
Today i know, it's our love
that dies.

But She don't need you like I do.
She don't know your secrets, I do.
She can't kiss you like I do.
She don't care about you, I do.

When will you see? She's not good as me.
When will you see? It should be you and me.

When you love someone, you think you know everything, but there's always that one thing they don't tell you. Sadly, His thing was his secret girlfriend.

on Jul. 26 2010 at 1:34 am
teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

totally in agreement with sill sitter!

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

You did an excellent job with this. At first I didn't know where it was going. Poems have to flow, you know? But then towards the middle you pulled me in and I'm like..."OK, there's a future here..." Then at the end, BAM! You tied it all together so wonderfully!!! It doesn't matter that the beginning didn't matter that was kind of hazy because at the end you made it work!!!

sky_is_womb BRONZE, Moorestown, New Jersey

All the soarings of my mind begin within my blood- Rilke

if this is true, im sorry. i can feel your anger in your words- very nice!

um i have a beat for most of them, but I'm musically challenged, so no real music. I have created some music on guitar hero though.

It's sad i know, but I find it quitei mpossible ot play real instruments guitar hero is the closest thing XD

respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

There is a natural law in life to settle.....I broke that law ~Katherine Hepburn
Love, Is the severest of mental diseases~U.K.
Spinning always spinning....when life puts me down I'll give you a call~respecturself7

P.S. Do u write the music to ur songs too?

respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

Isn't it scary how fast love can die?

good job with expression, I didn't feel cut of. I got to feel the whole of the emotions behind your words. It's something pretty much everyone has been through but few can accurately describe. You're passionate, I like that.  :)

Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

Did this happen to you? I'm sorry. :(

It was a very touching poem, I could sense the pain by the words you used. Good job writing this! :)