Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

The_Fanged_Book_Worm said...
today at 11:44 am
@Mckay Love your work! You really show what your perspective is and I love that you're responding to at least 1/2 of the comments! You speak truth, and you are kind to those who disagree.

AinsleyTurnedAlex said...
Mar. 23 at 11:30 am
No offense, but it's literally like 5 lines. They didn't even really write anything good, they just asked a question people have been asking for like 20 years.

InkyOwl said...
Mar. 7 at 10:41 pm
I completely agree with J_D_M.

HIGGmoney said...
Jan. 26 at 3:14 am
This makes me think deep about society, really good and deep. Thank you!

olala said...
this one is very stupid

jaylynnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This i can really relate to, thank you for sharing.

J_D_M said...
By my beliefs, Purity is a very prideful thing. It is good to be it; you want to be pure. When you marry, you have saved yourself for him or her. Its like saying,'I have waited this long, and I am giving you all of me. As believers, we are God's bride. We have sinned against him with the earth, but he takes us anyways, so we may stop that. In conclusion, God's is right because that is how he wants us to be.

eshaansoman said...
Really makes you think about society! Great Haiku

Yld777 said...
Feb. 22, 2017 at 1:58 am
Nice point, really good!

Patrick82432 said...
I believe that neither are right since religion is a choice rather than a staple in life. Although my views are slightly different, I still give praise for this piece, I enjoy the simplistic approach to such a controversial topic and the approach you took towards it. The end question was the line that I feel had the most impact, as it internalized a question that has no true answer, just one that varies depending on individual morals, beliefs, etc. It really makes everyone who reads self-evaluat... (more »)

The_Fanged_Book_Worm replied...
yesterday at 12:19 pm
@Patrick82432 Nicely put.

JadeJester said...
God is but a creation of society, Why deny sexual freedom to humanity for what? sacred purity? What about a HAPPY life?

The_Fanged_Book_Worm replied...
yesterday at 12:21 pm
@JadeJester And how long will that last?

nelehjr This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't know what to say but "SAME!"

Edwardnight replied...
Jan. 2, 2017 at 2:20 am
as you said. Same.

book_lover_777 said...
I think that God is right.

graphiteshimmer replied...
what you said.

Sorenfaolan24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 15 at 10:24 am
I wholeheartedly agree!

EmmaCG said...
Beautiful poetry, honestly. But I can't help but share my opinion that god should be separate from society since that's a personal choice and society is general life Still, your message is wonderfully conveyed and you deserve all the praise you receive

The_Fanged_Book_Worm replied...
yesterday at 12:23 pm
@EmmaCG Society is the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community. If some people believe in god then he is still not a part of the society but rather just a part of that person. They are separate.