I Write for... | Teen Ink

I Write for...

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

I don't write for you
I write for me, myself and
I. I write to be heard.

Words reflect who i am. Every bit of me in every poem and story. So what if i dont win any contests or get published anywhere. I write for me.

BreathInAndOut PLATINUM, London, Ohio

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long"

And thats why everyone should write. I haven't always, but i found out that I should give up trying to please everyone else and just please me with my writing.

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

5 stars. Very relatable indeed. Kinda makes me wanna check out more of your work. The elder writers will tell you that is the worst attitude to have. Pick an audience, any audience. Children, young adults, adults, etc. But I like this. You just gave everyone the middle finger in a poem. :)

Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Wow, Liv. I could really relate to that, and after looking at all the other comments, everyone else could too! I wouldn't change a thing. Keep it up Liv!

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off." (via Anne Sexton,"For My Lover, Returning To His Wife")

"I think I made you up inside my head.'' (via Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song")

"You called it cosmic; I thought it was icy." (via Ada Coen)

if it were possible i would tattoo this onto my forehead. yep yep. because this is how i feel. 10/10 because iadore this. -Ada

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Very short, simple, unique, and elegant. A single observation tht defines authors all around the world. Its bold and poignant; great job! :)

beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

So simple and so true. The last line was my favorite~

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

I love your daring-ness, the pure sauciness, the pure I-don't-care-what-you-think-this-is-my-writing. I love your idea behind this, what you stand for in writing this piece, and proud feeling you put into your work. Keep on writing and never give up! :D

on Jun. 13 2013 at 3:00 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh Liv, This poem in all its simplicity is one of the most potent poems I've ever read. One we should all read whenever we are in doubt as to the reason. Because this is the reason and this is the goal. And this is the everything. I love this poem Liv. And  read those poems you asked me to read...long time...But I was so overwhelmed and my heart was crying so I couldn't really muster the courage to actually comment but I'll go and do that now. :D Yours, Dua.

PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois
I think it's cute but meaningful. I like the repetition of I in the last line.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

AMEN! This is why I write too. Sometimes, I get all worried that people won't like my work. That it's useless because no one will read it. But then, I remember why I write. It is for them. But it's mostly for me. To heal and open up. I love this haiku, Liv. Even if no one appreciate our work now, we're always writers at heart. And that's what counts in the end. There's always someone out there who appreciate the work you create.