Bold Poem | Teen Ink

Bold Poem

By JordanWithers SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
JordanWithers SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

A is for adventurous. You strive for the unknown and make it known.
C is for courageous. Where the unexpected is to be kept at a safe distance and untouched. But those who are courageous do the unexpected and aren’t afraid.
D is for daring. You are willing to do anything. It does not affect you if your actions are right or wrong.
E is for emotion. You must have feelings about everything in life. You must have an opinion and not be afraid to speak it. You care about many things that have effects on the world around us.
F is for fearless. Showing weakness is your worst enemy. You must keep your biggest fears within and conquer them one at a time.
G is for gallant. Maybe you aren’t afraid to show off your sense of fashion. Rocking whatever kind of look you go, not caring what anyone else thinks.
H is for heroic. Standing up for things is one of your many talents. You must fight villains and try to make the world a better place.
I is for intrepid. Determination is what you are best known for. With as much work as you put in, it will help and show in the long run.
J is for justice. You always seek what is right. Making sure everyone has equality is a big deal in your mind.
K is for kindness. Kindness is the key to one’s happiness. It is as powerful as a complement. It brings determination and maybe even power to the ones around you.
L is for luminate. Your personality is strong and outgoing, it lightens everything and everyone around you. It helps people see the bigger picture on what is important in life.
M is for majestic. You are beautiful in every way, shape, and form, everyone is. The more you get people to accept it, the better you and the ones around you feel.
N is for noble. Everything you do is put to the fullest extent. Your qualities are amazingly outstanding.
O is for open-minded. No matter the situation, you are willing to hear everyone whether you agree or not. This is what makes you a lovable person.
P is for perfect. Perfect is the most overrated word. No one on this planet can be perfect. It is humanly impossible, we make too many mistakes. While you see perfect as all of these things, everyone thinks perfect is what best describes you. Your actions have had such an effect on them that they see you as the perfect leader.
Q is for quiet, something you are clearly not. Quiet isn’t accepted is your vocabulary. Not after everything you have said and done.
R is for respect. You have respect for everyone. One could have an opinion and you would totally agree with them, or, one could have one you absolutely object to. Either way, you still have respect for them because it is the right thing to do.
S is for stunning. Stunning is the ability to wow the people around you. To them, you are just so mesmerizing.
T is for true. No matter what life throws at you, you are always true to yourself no matter what.
U is for useful. Many can rely on you when needed. You may have a life of your own but your love can be so strong at times that you are willing to put someone else’s needs before yours.
V is for valorous. If you are valorous, you act out of bravery. Being brave can be the best thing you could ever do in life. It only takes thirty seconds to make change happen.
W is for winner. Life can be like a game at times. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. The way your mentality is, however, can determines how you play the game in order to win.
X is for xtraordinary. Everyone one is unique in their own, special way. It is up to them on whether or not they want to use it. You, however, use it everyday. This is what makes you xtraordinary.
Y is for yearn. You feel compassion toward everything. This trait can help one get so far in life. It is whether or not you chose to make it happen.
Z is for zealous. Zealous is when you are eager to pursuit something. No matter how hard you try, putting things aside is something you will never do.
But wait? Did you notice anything? Where is the letter B?
B is for bold. A word so big that it has to be described through twenty five letters. You. You are bold in every way. However, it is up to you, and you alone whether you want to be it or not.
Be adventurous, courageous, and daring.
Be emotional, fearless, and gallant.
Be heroic, intrepid, and justified.
Be kind, luminous, and majestic.
Be noble, open minded, and perfect. 
Be lous, respectful, and stunning.
Be true, useful, and valorous.
Be a winner, xtraordinary, yearnful, and zealous.
But most important of all, be bold.

I was inspired to write this poem from a familt member who always tells me to be bold.