10 Things I Want to Forget | Teen Ink

10 Things I Want to Forget

By AlleeRProctor PLATINUM, Martinsburg, Wv, West Virginia
AlleeRProctor PLATINUM, Martinsburg, Wv, West Virginia

"Write what disturbs you, what you fear, what you have not been willing to speak about. Be willing to be split open." -Natalie Goldberg

1. Her name, her face, the smell of her hoodies, curly hair, and her soft hands rubbing my thumb.

2. Being pushed up against that red shed as he scraped me open with his fingers and declared my fruit sour.

3. The hurt. Hurt in my throat, tears, body, and mind.

4. Longing. Wanting her to call me just so I could say she did. Just so I could hang up the phone.

5. How it feels to feel. How to feel everything so damn deeply it cuts my chest.

6. How It looks like red and pink fireworks. The image is burned in my head and hips.

7. Words. I can still quote everything you said.

8. Crying. The way my nose tingled and my chest heaved. It still happens some nights.

9. That she exists and will always be better.

10. Hunger. Wait another hour. I don't need those calories, those extra pounds. 155.

on Nov. 11 2017 at 8:59 am

thank you so much! i actually got this idea from a ted talk. a poet said she got inspiration from making a list of 10 things, so I made a list myself. I actually made a few. So I cleaned it up and produced this. I'm so glad you like it. Please, feel free to look at some of my other work or follow my writing Instagram, ar.writes.

Breezette DIAMOND, Uniontown, Arkansas

Every Time I even think of you, all those bad memories just fade away, 'cause your smile's enough, you're enough...

This is like, holy jesus, so accurate.