Stress | Teen Ink

Stress

By MaryamR GOLD, Home, Texas
MaryamR GOLD, Home, Texas

Life is a story. Make yours a best seller.

Standing alone facing a problem that no one can see or understand except for yourself.

Trembling from the nightmares that you twist and create in your brain-always assuming the worst.

Reality seems so far away as your imagination hits you again and again; it hopes for you to fall into that deep dark hole that you see from the towering cliff on which your mind stands.

Excpecting for disaster to come down any second with your tears already ready behind your eyes...just waiting to drip down.

Sobbing internally knowing even if the nightmares are not real you can not stop the feeling of impending doom that flows though your body.

Silently accepting your faith even before it is given.

STRESS. 

The feeling of stress may be real but the things we stress over sometimes are not, so let yourself breath and don't assume the worst before anything even happens. It'll only give you grey hairs and no one wants that.

Stress is somethng we all deal with and sometimes there isn't an easy fix, or some pill you can just pop in to make it go away. But it helps to look at reality and think how small of a part it is of your life. One moment, one event, one grade will not determine your exisitence. So remember it is okay to fail as long as you get back up. I'll try to remember this advice too.