Forest | Teen Ink

Forest

May 12, 2016
By florenceduponte BRONZE, Houston, Texas
florenceduponte BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Depression. Teardrops seemingly falling from aimless leaves signaled the sky to awaken. Aimless. No purpose.  Not necessarily living, but moving and glistening as if bursting of energy. Looking up, these eyes of mine view nature's shutters, armor to the ground--a canopy, a safe canopy. Laying in aimless thoughts, dark lightness, surrounded by the heavy feathers of nature.  The forest, a safe haven--escape from my aimless life. No purpose, no being, just there. I sit in the forest of oxymorons and watch the eyes of the Earth come to the realization that it's time to wake up, it's time to get out of the darkness. Earth's cycle is never ending, unlike the human. Lightness, darkness, lightness, darkness. A constant cycle. Darkness, darkness, darkness, nothing. Only human. Sometimes there are no mornings in the later cycle. Sometimes the aimlessness takes over, there is no purpose, no reason. Forest skies wipe fatigue from my eyes as I continue another day of night.

Insomnia. Sweat dripping from dancing leaves signaled the sky to sleep. Unwavering. Steadfast. Moving and glistening as if bursting of energy, but not necessarily living. Looking down, these eyes of mine view the nature's floor, a guided pathway--ground, a widespread ground. Laying in critical thoughts, light darkness, surrounded by the light weights of nature. The forest, a safe haven--just a part of my steady life. Unchanging, full of purpose. I lay in a forest of thoughts and watch the eyes of the earth come to the realization that it's time to go to sleep, it's time to slow down--get out of the light. Earth's cycle still unchanging, yet the human cycle still fluctuating. Lightness, lightness, lightness, blinding. More than human. Sometimes it becomes too much, there is so much to do, so many aspects to life. Forest skies sweep fatigue over my eyes as I continue another night of day.