Free or Freedom | Teen Ink

Free or Freedom

February 19, 2016
By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)


Free or Freedom?
What is freedom? What does it mean to be free? Does free and freedom both mean the same thing?
Being free means that you are not bound by anything...no attachments...you are who you are and you do what you like..you do not stop yourself because of anyone or anything.
Freedom is the state of being free. Freedom is being independent and being able to act as your own self without the influence of another person.
And when I really think deep into it...we're not really free at all.
None of us are free even though we say we are.
And you know why?
It's cause we are bound by some things. We do care about what others think....we do let others stop us from being who we really are.
I think that the only living beings who are free in the entire world are babies and little kids. Kids from the ages of 1 day -7 years are the only ones who are free because now society has changed...kids learn to pretend from their very small age.
Little do we know that all this pretending stops us from being free.
We say that we want to be free yet we ourselves deprive ourselves of that freedom.
We try so hard to fit in that we forget to be ourselves..and while we're busy pleasing the rest of the society and 'fitting in', we lose ourselves..we forget about what we really love and what we really want for ourselves.
We try so hard to move on with the race that the whole world is running..we don't want to get left behind. We all want to be as good as the other.
And we change ourselves…we suppress everything that we are deep inside and we don’t think that it would ever pop out and remind us of who we really are.
But then...once in our life..we suddenly remember who we really are and all those lies push them deep in and don't let the real you emerge..and it frustrates you.
You scream...you cry and you don't even know why. You feel trapped.
Hey..it's all okay. I mean...I know we have to go with this big race of life cause it can't really be stopped..either you run with it or stop and watch it leave you behind. And no one wants to be left behind Cause that means being alone and no one wants to be alone.
From the moment we enter school till the day we leave school or maybe even till the day we retire..we're constantly reminded about how we should try to keep reaching the top...be better.
Well..yeah...being better and reaching the top is great!
It really is but at the mean time..we should also think about ourselves.
Something a lot of us do is that we hide ourselves and what we really like because we just want to please everyone else because we want to move on with the race.
And we forget to be happy..and we end up being depressed and sad and just losing ourselves.
Don't do that,k?
Move on with the race..dream big ....reach high...be better..but also be true to yourself.
Don't hide yourself just to fit in.
No…instead,Unleash the real you..let the real you come out of the shell.
Be yourself and let the world see you for who you really are.
Enter the race as yourself…be the competitor you were destined to be not the competitor you made up to please others.
And then we can be happy.
Then will you be truly free...and then will you have freedom.
So Free or Freedom?
I choose to be free cause without being free...I can never have any freedom.