Six Sharp Notes | Teen Ink

Six Sharp Notes

By JorjaT GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JorjaT GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who speak to me. I am the only one who appreciates them. Six sharp notes with ringing voices and wide pupils like mine. Six who have found a way in the midst of sounds. Six brilliant noises there to soothe me. From afar, I can hear them, but mother screeches to turn it down.
Their strength is secret. They send angelic tunes throughout the world. They flutter up and they dwindle down and grab attention with their beautiful tones and flood ears with catchy carols and never quit singing. This is how they spread.
Let one forget his reason for being, they’d all cease like water stopped from a faucet, each linked by the the thick bond between notes. Sing, sing, sing they say when I sleep. They excite.
When I am too sad and too dismayed to keep singing, when I am a tiny note in a sea of songs, then it is I listen to melodies. When there is nothing left to listen to. Six who rose and became alive. Six who inspire and do not forget to inspire. Six whose only reason is to harmonize and hum.