Soulless Shark. Swim Away. | Teen Ink

Soulless Shark. Swim Away.

By McCailyn_L. BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
McCailyn_L. BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

"My intensities, are the keys to my sanity."
-McCailyn Lowry

For when I gather your soulless tears in my hand, will you stop, will you be soulless then? Words are said by many of the black sea, but in the end which ones are true. Which ones follow "be true to yourself and others." when really, you lie to other fish that might have gills, but you swim as a shark trying to make others feel you misery. Alone. Despair. Before not to long, the victims of your awful hunger think of you as a fish as well. Better steer clear of the sharks ahead. Better not become their next victim. Within this deep dark bottomless ocean, where is the sun to light the way for the fish below? The only answer can be answered by the sharks. Blocking the light, then being consumed by the shadow itself. When you look at my shoes, then down at yours, which ones do you feel prouder of? The worn, raged ones upon your own flesh, or the own silk designer ones upon another fishes gills. This fish is one of the brighter seas though. Looking at the brand new ones, and being invited into the better fresh water ocean, you look back at yours, and swim away. You are a shark. You swim away. You swim away.

This poem has hapend many times in m life as a person that likes to innvolve everyone, but of course, every school has sharks. I dont mean bullys or mean girls. Im talking about fakers. Ones that act alone, depresed, "cool", when they could be a part of a brighter and better sea, instead of trying to grap atention. The other fish in the black sea are real. When the "sharks shadow over the fish and are consumed in it as well" it is saying the person is trying to get more attention than anyone, and then it dosnt stay fake, and it becomes real because everyone and itself thinks so.