Object of my Affection | Teen Ink

Object of my Affection

July 16, 2015
By meaganrosemarie SILVER, Waterbury, Connecticut
meaganrosemarie SILVER, Waterbury, Connecticut
5 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
L'amore vince sempre.


I am tarnished— a mere relic of some bygone culture,
I am an antiquated soul attached with a magnetic force to his alluring nature.
It’s as if my body is spiritually inclined to his touch,
coveting my left hand intertwined with his and my right locked into mindlessly caressing his light brown locks.
My antique internal ticker has a proclivity for his ebullient heart.
The sparkle in his bubbly baby blues are the purest form of art, that I had ever seen.


The author's comments:

My boyfriend and I have been together for the entirety of highschool, he graduated last year, and I just graduated. Recently I have been inspired by our relationship. Although I am physically young, I have been broken, torn down, and gone through so much personally that I am emotionally much older. I'm constantly told that I'm an old soul, and I'm finally okay with that. However, my boy is the opposite. He is playful and vibrant, and youthful on the inside. Where as, I am more calm and hesitant. I once let those differences get in the way of us, but I have finally learned that he gives me balance. It's as if I am the dark, and he is the light, and maybe we are different times of day, but we cease to exist without eachother.