Fathers | Teen Ink

Fathers

May 5, 2015
By SteviRDegner BRONZE, Newell, Iowa
SteviRDegner BRONZE, Newell, Iowa
3 articles 18 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Courage is being scared to death....And saddling up anyways" - John Wayne


Fathers walk this earth for a purpose. That purpose is to guide their children,love and care for them with a loving and dedicated women at their side. Their love is unconditional. If you make a mistake, they teach you and correct you. Fathers are family. My father is my best friend, my daddy,but most of all he is my hero. He is my hero because,when I needed saving and a family to love me, my dad and my mother took me In and loved me. He is my king and I am his princess. His only princess! (The only girl out of all my siblings). He is also my mothers Prince Charming. He is my secret keeper. I love my dad,and if I never would of had a father like Robert Clyde Degner in my life, I would not be who I am today. My dad has been by my side since the beginning. He has wiped my tears, held my hand when I was scared of the dark, rocked me to sleep, and helped me as I grew to be a caring,compassionate,forgiving women,who prays on her knees and loves with her whole heart. No words that I will ever say will express my gratitude for this man. No "I love you" will ever say how much he means to me,and how much the love that he showed a little girl who needed it, meant to her.

I Love You Dad.


The author's comments:

My father had gotten sick this past year. I wrote this in his memory. I read it at his bedside in the hospital,and again at his funeral when he passed as a fairwell.