Release | Teen Ink

Release

February 20, 2015
By BananaBob92613 GOLD, Des Moines, Iowa
BananaBob92613 GOLD, Des Moines, Iowa
11 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Let's be honest. If you're not weird you're not living your life to its full extant."


One whispered torrent of anger after another,
seeping through the cracks of the old compound.

 

The fiery pit expands inside as an earthquake strikes and a flood begins to blur the scene.

 

Trembling in fear,                                                                       in sorrow,                                                                                  in nothingness.

 

Drowning in the blurred mess,
confused and out of place.
Unwanted and neglected.
Thrown in a corner and forgotten.

 

"I have feelings too!" A distant voice screams.
"This isn't just going to affect you!"

 

And the painful storm of sorrow strikes again,                         licking up all the happiness                                                        and good feelings that ever wrapped me in comforting warmth.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece late at night when I couldn't get to sleep. I was crying and on the verge of screaming. My surroundings were falling apart and I had no idea how to react. So I did what I knew I was best at. I expressed my feelings. Although I did it silently it helped, it soothed me and helped me to think and relax and just get everything off my chest.