It's Taking All of Me | Teen Ink

It's Taking All of Me

February 17, 2015
By gomiebear SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
gomiebear SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When thinking about life, remember this: no amount of guilt can change the past, and no amound of anxiety can change the future."


It’s taking all of my urge for me not to look at my phone right now.
It’s taking all of my strength I have in order not feel like I’m drowning.
It’s taking all of my will in order to keep my eyes dry and prevent them from turning into fountains longing for a coin to just make one wish, that wish being you.

It’s taking all of my security for me not to just completely lash out to you about how I feel.
It’s taking all of my might not to remember the words “I promise I will never break you.”
It’s taking all of my nerve to realize I’ve always been broken, this time you just took your foot and constantly pounded on me till I was dust.

It’s taking all of my tenacity to not call you right now and cry you a pool of my misery.
It’s taking all of my durability to try to remember that you’re just a boy and there’s more of you swimming around in a sea.
But it’s taking all of me to not pick you amongst all the fishes being gifted at the carnival as prizes.
Because you’re the only one I want.
The only one I feel like I need.
It’s taking all of me.