Hovering Darkness | Teen Ink

Hovering Darkness

By Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana
Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana

"You know what "Normal" is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." - Ashley Purdy from the band Black Veil Brides said that and I am going to keep using this quote.

It’s like I kept running my whole life from something that I couldn’t explain to people. It’s like an endless darkness that I live in. where there’s no happiness every time you turn around.
I try to fix things, but it seems like I just make them worse. All of my dreams being shot down left and right.
I wish that life was like a game to where I can pause or restart my life at a snap of a finger. I feel like I need serenity most of the time.
I hope that just taking a deep breath and feel the wind pass through my body that everything will be ok. But I can’t just wish it away it’s like I have to remove myself from the darkness that I’m drowning in.
Me wanting to cry because of the memories I have from my past, but wanting to stay strong. But how am I supposed to stay strong when it goes everywhere I go. The darkness that hovers over me like a dark rain cloud just waiting for the right moment to rain on my parade.

I felt like that every time I tried to fix something some times it didn't go as planed.