Hope After Ruin | Teen Ink

Hope After Ruin

By Ruin_1202 PLATINUM, Griffin, Georgia
Ruin_1202 PLATINUM, Griffin, Georgia

"Enter a short description of yourself (up to 250 characters). Please do not include your last name, email address, age, grade, name of school or any other identifying information." - Teen Ink

Hope... It's in the moment when you can't make a name for yourself,
when the only reason for crying yourself to sleep is to find your dreams
and your intuitions brings forth your ambition
To use a tissue,
to relax the tension.
To make known to all your deep resolve and reasons for your decision. It's in that awkward pause when you first tell him how you feel.
When he shows emotions you've never seen but oh how they seem so real.
When you fall head over heels and it's your heart and not your breath that he steals.
He'll create trees of his own because of his belief that it's the artificial air we need to breathe.
He'll smoke his trees and you'll just trust but that smoke is a warning... Hope is in that very moment you broke your heart knowing that it was to reach a finish before it seen a start.
Being naive to the blood splattered on the walls and treating it as if it were some form of art.
When you feel like falling apart and the only things keeping you together are a couple verses and a prayer....
Understand It's times like these we need relief in the philosophy that it's not the artificial air you need to breath to stay alive but, as long as my lips are locked with yours you'll just take my breath away and I'll make an honorable sacrifice.
So before my demise for the greater good and you fill your lungs. Or before I call it quits, before I die young I'll help you cope. In the same place you found heartbreak you also found hope.