If Only | Teen Ink

If Only

By Swimmergirl101 GOLD, Rolla, Missouri
Swimmergirl101 GOLD, Rolla, Missouri

"Be Happy. It's one way of being wise" - Collette

Calvin
loving and sweet,
I mourn you.
Your soft fur
touches my nose
for the last time.
If only the car
hadn’t hit you.
I want you to curl up
at my feet.
I miss your meow
and purr
as I rub your head.
I loved watching you protect
the small kittens from the owl
tried to take them.
If only
you could come back
to me.

One of my cats, Calvin died last year during the winter. I wrote this and forgot about it. Here is a poem to mourn him.

Thank you for your support and your comments on my work especially Unknown_listener, Earthmoon01, MissEmilyDickenson, Smile534, and gard-girl.  your support is amazing. Thank you.

on Oct. 25 2014 at 10:06 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is sweet and sad, too. I can connect to this, a lot. I once had a cat in the Philippines, that we had saved when we saw she had a broken leg. We took her in and took care of her, and we had planned to take her to the vet, if we had money. But we didn't have enough money, so we took care of her, as best as we could. She started getting better, but one day she died. She was too injured., from whatever had injured her and her leg. But anyways, haha. Sorry for the very long comment. I can connect to this, a lot. Your poem is sad and simple yet powerful and sweet too, at the same time. You really do have such a talent and greatness and light in you; never forget that. Because yopu're an amazing and wonderful and talented writer and person. :) Thank you so much, my friend! For sharing this. :)