The Rulers of Life | Teen Ink

The Rulers of Life

By guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina
guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Many things describe fear. However, everyone agrees that, whether big or small, fear rules our lives. It may just rule a small part at first, deceiving us. But in the end, fear always ends up a cruel tyrant, ruling by supreme power and force. However, ruthless empires never last forever. Just like fear, love can creep up on you when you least expect it. And once it starts, love is almost impossible to stop. It spreads to others, posing as an open threat to fear, which is no longer scary anymore. War ensues. It is a terrible war, because all wars are. Despair and Hope flirt with each other, wondering when it all will end. When it does, there is no question as to the victor. Love is the one thing that can conquer mountains, end wars, and defeat the tyrant that once ruled our lives. Fear. Many things can also describe love. However, unlike fear, it is not a tyrant. Love rules with a gentle but firm hand, using the power of love to govern. It is almost hard to describe the happiness of love, whether it be from a hug from a sibling, laughing with a friend, or saying goodnight to your parents. The greatest ruler of them all. Love. These two rivaling rulers have names. Fear has the name of Satan, sly and deceitful in his ways. However, Love is named God, for it was God who sent his son, Jesus, to die the death of a criminal, when he had led a blameless life, because He loves us so much. God is truly the King of Kings, and He wants us to see Him one day. Who do you want to be your Ruler?

on Mar. 31 2015 at 8:50 pm
guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

Proverbs 3:5-6

Thank you so much :)

on Dec. 20 2014 at 10:19 am
WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida

Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

This is a wonderful poem. I love how you personified love and fear as God and Satan. It's easy to read and contains a powerful, thought-provoking message. 5/5 stars

on Sep. 3 2014 at 11:33 am
guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

Proverbs 3:5-6

Thank you! You have made a good choice :)

on Aug. 26 2014 at 9:56 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Very, very true.. I've been meaning to write a poem about this, but I either keep forgetting or I still need to think about it. I might still write a poem using the subject, but I'm so glad that you wrote this! I love it. You described how the world is. You described how the war of love, that God is fighting for us and everyone, is going on. You described it perfectly. It's descriptive, powerful, and all in all, beautiful, true, and inspiring. God, Dada, is the Ruler I choose to follow, and give up my life for! ^_^ I have started feeling love so deep, so powerful\-- I don't know how to describe it, except I feel like I can eat it. I feel like I'm breathing in His love. I can almost pass out from it. Thank you, thank you so much, again! ^_^