Fearful Thoughts | Teen Ink

Fearful Thoughts

By themajesticpoet BRONZE, Bloomington, Other
themajesticpoet BRONZE, Bloomington, Other

That chill down your spine

The presence of someone not there

The sudden silence in a crowded space

A shadow that suspiciously disappears

The reason you feel unsafe

The tension in the air

A mysterious image at your side

That little voice whispering "beware"

All the signs of danger

Strange things you can't explain

Sunny everywhere else

But all you feel is rain

The thoughts keep running

You turn and a silhouette appears

The tingle in your gut

Something you think you see, and so you fear

The mind can be tricky. It can make things seem as if they are real or make a real thing an absolute opposite. Don't let your mind fool you....

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I think the world or most of the world has fearful thoughts. Your poem was something I could connect, beautiful, honest, and full of truth. You're a talented person and writer, and alos wonderful! Thank you for sharing this!

on Aug. 23 2014 at 9:28 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

You letterly pictured the one moment I have every single night, when I'm all alone. It was really deep and descriptive. Also very poetic, I would've prefered some rhyme but other than that it was really great ^_^ I like the way you reflect everone's moment of fear, so we can find ourselves in every word you say throughout your poem. So keep it up and never stop writing, you're really talented :D Thank you for sharing this ^_^