Like A

Like
A bullet through my heart
Death on a rainy day
A wart on my pinky
The aftermath,
It never goes away.

Your eyes
Like lasers
Sear a hole
Through my chest

You hurt me
Because
I love you
And you don’t love me (back)

The sound of your voice
Is not loud enough
To stop me from
Thinking about how

I.
Want.
Your.
Hands through my hair
On my shoulders
On my breasts
On my neck

I look back
And wonder why
I let
Lovely
Become
I love
And made my heart hurt

Like
A bullet shot
Right through it.

AutumnMoon said...
Oct. 16, 2014 at 10:30 am
I love the part about letting lovely become I love. That was my favorite part of the poem. I feel like this a very relatable piece and beautifully done. Is there a reason that back is in parentheses? Fabulous! 5/5

grace20xo replied...
thank you so much! and "back" is in parentheses to clarify that she is in love with him and he doesn't love her "back" essentially. I didn't feel it was necessary to write there that is why it is the way it is.

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 13, 2014 at 10:42 am
This is beautiful and sweet and just, all in all, has musical atmosphere or air around it. A tinkling, haha. If that makes sense. :) You really do have such a beautiful way of writing. Nevr stop writing, please. I hope to be readin more of your writings, because I'll be looking for it. :) Thank you so much, for sharing this. :)

Longlegs said...
Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:41 am
What a nice, musical, easy-going poem. I'm giving it 5 stars.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
sweet! Keep writing! XD

Thanks4theTradgedyIneedIt4myArt said...
Hello! I enjoyed reading this poem. I also liked the title, and the poem was simple yet sweet and just,,yeah, it was good. Nice job!

HayatC. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love how you incorporated the beginning lines in the end, it made the poem resonate! Great Job!

SabrinaFaire said...
Truly moving.

AllThingsFlawless said...
This is just beautiful. Just beautiful

_Zavery_ said...
Very well written piece! It really touched me, kept me hooked from the first line to the last. I'll be on the lookout for more of your work =)

GraceJG replied...
wow, thank you so much! means so much to me!

EileenD replied...
That was so deep. This is so relatable to teens my age. Keep up the good work