I was Left | Teen Ink

I was Left

By Hsnyder17 PLATINUM, Florissant, Missouri
Hsnyder17 PLATINUM, Florissant, Missouri

Don't Get Discouraged until you build up the Courage.

It's as if I were standing in a line made up of five women and as we stand waiting to be captured by our true love. As soon as you're captured you're also being freed from your loneliness. As I stand prepping myself because I know he's gonna pick me. There's no doubt in my mind, until he looks at the girl standing next to me. She has a skinny waist and dark green eyes full of lust. I was left. he betrayed me that night. The stars my eyes turned into fire. The loneliness grabbed me and pulled me down into depression. I was left. I had no where to go. I was left to stand in the deep corners of my pain only accompanied by my own shadow. The seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, those hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, then months passed, finally years passed by. The years seemed to turn into decades. Until that day I saw a luminous light. I ran towards it at full speed in hopes that I find happiness. but the light turned into a figure. I stopped running and cautiously walked towards it. To my surprise the figure turned into a boy... no wait scratch that a man. As soon as I got in arms reach he gently pulled me towards him and we walked out of the pit I had been living in and steered into a valley of happiness. i'm happy to say that I was never left again.