The Moon | Teen Ink

The Moon

By Anepre SILVER, Winnipeg, Other
Anepre SILVER, Winnipeg, Other

Potential doesn't mean s*** unless you're willing to work for it

Give me the crescent shaped moon As a ring to say that you will always Come back to me like the tide A gravitational pull That cannot be severed To make the weight of my heart less You change like the phases of the moon People don’t often see your true colours But when they do its only half A dark side The mysterious attract between the Pulley strings of my heart And that daring look in your eye But you see That darkness doesn’t know how warm My body can be Yet when I turn out the lights That's when you blind me I don’t know why but the 3 o’clock In the morning you is vulnerable Your best colours show Yet you’re dimmed by the city lights I guess that's why you love The country so much I think the tide is coming in I can hear the crashing of the waves Against the mountains As you pull the blanket over me And get closer You’re still cold but getting warmer I can hear the howling of a wolf You say “Don’t worry you’re safe they are looking for their loved ones in me” I look at you and smile Your dark brown eyes still look cold But there is this sparkle of the night sky In your them, they close Dawn appears I can still see you in the day light Then you slowly fade back to grey I shake out the blanket that was Covering us I found a silver piece of rock with A note saying “I am attached, hold this piece of rock In your hands and look up at the crescent shaped moon, you will hear me say I will always come back to you”