The Man and the Mirror | Teen Ink

The Man and the Mirror

By Prophet_of_Regard SILVER, Lexington, South Carolina
Prophet_of_Regard SILVER, Lexington, South Carolina

Give Death my condolences, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to my own funeral.

The man and the mirror
As the world around him fell apart, the boy didn’t know whether it had to do with him, or if destiny just felt as if it was time to depart from his dreams. The boy was curious to see the next world, whether he'd get to see mommy and daddy again. The boy’s spirit left as with his consciousness. The world after was nothing but another path, but the others didn’t know. the family he left cried, as his body was all that was left after the accident. The boy wandered and soon found peace. Only if they knew, living was only the beginning of the first story. As the boy awoke he removed himself from bed, and stood up inside the dirty room. With a mirror across from the bed, he glared into the bearded man that stood there, and cried... for we were told men don’t cry, but that man wished there was something that still nourished his body, something that used to belong. Something that used to live and breathe. For that boy inside the man died a long time ago when he decided life was worth giving up on.

Written a few years ago.