The Constrictor | Teen Ink

The Constrictor

October 16, 2013
By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
64 articles 13 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...


The snake it binds me with a constricting snare, oh why me! life truly isn’t fair!

The snake it consumes me with no remorse, no regrets, the only grief here is of mine when I let the snakes mighty jaws set!

Woest me for letting the constrictor consume me, is it too late? can I still be redeemed?

The snake… no the root of all evil, the swindler of my demise, what is it you want? why must you take my life?

I shall unsheath the dagger of redemption and i shall slice open the addiction!

I shall turn around from the path of woe, because no matter how far down the wrong path I travel, I can always turn back and remake the fate I have sown!


The author's comments:
This mainly applies to addiction of any type, but if I had to catagorize it then it would be with drugs. I have a reason for the picture, in specfic.