My Song | Teen Ink

My Song

By deafening-fan GOLD, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
deafening-fan GOLD, Kutztown, Pennsylvania

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

My Song is my own, and no one can brag that,
I am Me when I write or stand up at bat,
I am Me when I laugh, and Me when I smile,
I am Me when I celebrate going the extra mile

I am Me during plays, and Me during songs,
I am Me during rights, and Me during wrongs,
I am Me during parties, and Me during dances,
And I am Me during second chances

I am Me during sad times, and me during glad times,
And Me when I write down my bad rhymes,
I am Me, and that’s what I can celebrate,
If you don’t like that, well, haters will hate

This is mine, and if you don't like that, look at the final line. I want to be me, and thats what I wrote

on Dec. 31 2013 at 4:34 pm
GreekGoddess BRONZE, Andover, Connecticut

"The unprepared rebel dies in the fire."
~unknown

This is good, I like the way that you keep the word "me" capitilized throughout the poem. I like the ending to the poem, but I will say that you are talking about who you are and that you are you, and the last line throws the reader off track a little bit. Other than that, this is good, good job!

on Nov. 7 2013 at 3:12 pm
riplms2005 DIAMOND, Oglesby, Illinois

"Live a good life, you people!" -Myers, old english teacher

after your comment on mine, i had to check out your poem. very well written...and i agree with everything you said. you are who you are and that's all that you need to be!

on Oct. 18 2013 at 5:41 pm

― J.R.R. Tolkien

Thank you so much! I must tell you, this isn't about someonme criticizing me at my work, this was the first thing i posted. Also, thank you for you're criticisim. I'll try what you said.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Oct. 17 2013 at 6:16 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

While I like the attitude—care free and independent—and I agree "hatahs be hatin'", I have to say that because someone doesn't like perhaps your writing, it's not to say that they're hating on you. I believe in constructive criticism. Always have. Always will. I like the repitition of "I am Me" throughout the entire poem. Keep writing. My only criticism is when you use punctuation be careful with it. There are some unnecessary commas. And at other times, I believe you should have used something else than a comma. Otherwise, well done. 

on Oct. 16 2013 at 5:26 pm

― J.R.R. Tolkien

Really, this is me just being me! Everyone says I'm smart and thats it, but I'm more than that. You have to learn what you are before you get out into the world. So only one question remains. And you have to answer it yourself.