Swimming With Sharks (a diary entry) | Teen Ink

Swimming With Sharks (a diary entry)

September 12, 2013
By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
58 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.


You tell yourself you want more of the world and more of the people in it, yet you don't give life a chance; you just push it away. You say you see the beauty in others, though sometimes you say you cannot stand people.
I think it's because you're scared. Scared that once you let people in, they'll see you for who you truly are. You'll let them in, and no one is supposed to know what you hide, because then they'll either become frightened or use what you once had secluded against you.
Because people are like sharks, once you undress and are swimming naked in their waters, they'll attack. They have no mercy, no feelings; they're just cold.
But maybe not everyone is a shark and maybe when you start to let everyone in, when a shark does attack, someone will be there to save you.
But sometimes they come too late. Like when your legs are ripped off and you're screaming in pain. And when you live in pain, no one wants to comfort that. You are alone with the pain and the scars of the past, scared to swim naked in the waters again. You are known as the girl that got attacked by sharks. They'll say "She had it coming. She was swimming naked afloat the waters, trusting creatures like sharks."


The author's comments:
This is part of my diary that I really liked. I never share anything from my diary so consider yourself lucky if you are reading this!