A Piece Of Clay | Teen Ink

A Piece Of Clay

August 15, 2013
By Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
12 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I Rather draw than paint, But I rather express than nothing at all"- Mario,“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa


Life comes with many challenges, with the next hurdle taller than the last. Life has this word called a "lesson", which aids us in learning what to do for the remainder of our lives. God has molded us to be who we are, not just a structure with many other living things inside healping each other thrive, but a "Human Being." We are molded like a piece of clay. First you must soften the clay and keep it moist, just like yourt first encounter with this bright world and misted with tears of joy. Next as we grow older and make mistakes, it's like a blemish in the claythat can be patched up, but never forgotten. Then as you finally see your finished work of art, you start to think how far you have come into making a masterpiece that you've worked feverishly over, incorporating al that you've learned to accomplish your task. We're all born for a reason and have a purpose. Our job is to find out and express ourselves on the way there. You may be an emotional person. Butu that doesn't mean you are weak, you may be a serious person. Although you aren' necessaryly a stick in the mud. We are all a different piece of clay with different means of attention. We all have a reason for who we are, just follow you HEART, and you will see that it is better to make your path, and leave a footprint.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this piece was a video of a young boy with the incurable rare diease known by the name of "progeria." this video made me cry, yea I am a ver yemotional person, and I wanted to express that we are who we are, like Josiah had a purpose in this world, even if his time was short.