Tickle Monsters and Paint Splotches | Teen Ink

Tickle Monsters and Paint Splotches MAG

By Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida
Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Our lips hum to the
Floating music
Hanging in the air and
Dried paint splotches
In the shape of slender fingers
Spread lovingly down the
Stripes of our backs and
These round belly buttons
Are jammed inconveniently
Into our flat stomachs
(Dude, we were born
With a random hole) and
My pink feet propped up
Against your green chest
And you're the Tickle Monster
And I'm slap-happy
And … and … and …

I'm glad you're in my life.

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

I love your work! This is such a carefree, lighthearted poem brimming with the best of human emotion and experience. I do hope that whoever it was written for read this; you've perfectly conveyed the love and playfulness of the relationship. Your imagery is stunning and the parentheses cracked me up! Keep writing!

on Aug. 15 2013 at 11:06 am
Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

Haha, thanks! :P

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

This is really sweet. :) I usually don't care for love poems, but there is something so honest and down-to-earth about this that I can't help but enjoy reading it.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

Thank you! :) Yeah, I'm not even sure that my bf actually read this, though it was meant for him.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Awww this is adorable!! I love all the inside jokes (even though they are not mine) and everything else! Congrats on the editors choice! :) keep rockin krasota --Liv

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

Thank you :D

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

"Dude, we were born with a random hole" hahaha, that made me laugh. :) Awesome. Just awesome.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I thought so. But you never know. Can't always assume. And yes, it's always acting weird. Glad to see my comment finally showed up too. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

Haha yeah no, you're definitely the better writer. That poem of yours that I quoted is relateable to me, and it has to be my absolute favourite of yours. :D

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

LOL you know me wayyyyyy too well, Mckay. It's really a lot of inside jokes and conversations XD Yeah, idk, teenink's been acting weird for me lately. :P Thank you!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Most random poem? I think not. Most friggin adorable? I think h*ll YESH!  I venture to assume that this poem is brimmed with inside jokes and memories of you and your boyfriend. If not, correct me. I love the detailed descriptions. (Why the f*** didn't I get an email saying you posted this? I always get an email when you have new work posted.) Anywho, I'm in love like on Cloud 9 with thie poem. And that title, as I guy, I'm confident to say this, but it's adorable. And captures my attention. I'll be thinking about this poem the whole day. This has to be my favorite from you, Krasota. Congrats on the Editors' Chioce! 

HazelGrace said...
Hahahah okay I got you (:

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

And btw, do you know how much I love you that something I said is on your favorite quotes?? O__O I am not worthy, you are a much better writer than I am, I should be the one quoting you XD

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

Thanks, Jade! :D

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Hazel is right, this is freaking adorable!!!! :D It's written so sweetly and beautifully and I love it, good job! :) :)

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

LOL. I would've posted an explanation in the author's comments section, but my mum kicked me off the computer before I could. It's just a series of random thoughts coming from the girlfriend describing a day with her boyfriend. (The bellybutton part was a conversation they had.) Really, the whole thing is just supposed to be random since it all came out randomly when I was typing :D

HazelGrace said...
im honestly kind of confused but in the most adorable way possible. I love this :)