Shattered | Teen Ink

Shattered

July 13, 2013
By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
15 articles 0 photos 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams


My heart shatters. Like a hand grenade going off in a tissue box, my heart is blown to smithereens. But somehow it remains just as strong. The pieces still beat as if they are one, but they only beat for you. I fell to my knees and tears stream down my face as I watch you take a step back. I clasp my hands together and beg you not to go. I tell you how much I love you and I express just how big a part of my life you truly are. But my words are cut short and my arms go limp as you turn away. You look back over your shoulder and look down upon me. I see remembrance and thoughts cross your eyes, but then it’s gone. Your expression turns to pity. I see you hold out your hand and another takes it as its own. I watch another man step out of the shadows and he smiles pitifully and mockingly towards me. I watch you give him a tender kiss, something that was once ours to share. Then you utter the words “I love you” to him and my will breaks. Everything I have held onto has just vanished before me within these last few moments. I fall forward, as if in slow motion, life and will drained from my body. I collapse and the world fades around me. Without you running like blood through my veins, my heart ceases to beat. The last thing caught in my vision is the light in my heart vanish from existence. Then I take one last breath of poison, a toxic brew of loneliness, sorrow, and emptiness as bottomless as a black hole, then my story ends as you make your exit.