The "It" Girl | Teen Ink

The "It" Girl

By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York

Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.

I'm "that" girl. The girl that catches your attention. The girl you try to "hook up" with, but refuses with the fear of getting hurt. The girl you take out on dates hoping to get far but I'm wishing for something else on the same star. I'm the girl that's in your bed, I sleep and talk changing the thoughts in your head. Making you see things you never really saw in yourself, raising me up to a higher shelf. And when you fall for me and forget all the things you first desired, I'm the one giving in, still singing you to sleep whenever you become tired. I give you everything you originally looked for, putting all my trust in you, but little did you know that that's the worst thing you could do. Because then I'll start to tell you everything, and you'll see why I never let you in. You'll start to see all my flaws and become aware of all my sins. You'll start to wonder if the girl you fell in love with really exists; you'll see I'm just a fairytale, a myth, a dream you couldn't resist. You'll start to hate my face and the way I flip my hair. And when you start to cancel our dates, I'll start to wonder if you even care. Even when you know how happy you make me, you'll still go, being on your way. And you'll breaking what you once fixed, leaving me in the staircase alone to decay.