Love Poem | Teen Ink

Love Poem

By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York

Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.

The difference between being in love and loving someone is quite simple. Being in love with someone is merely just an emotion. It fades over time. Something that makes you joyous and depressed. Something that lives in your head. Something that takes over your mind. Just an imagination. It's like the monsters hiding under your bed. Something scary that does not quite exist. Now to love someone is something entirely different. When you love someone, that love will never betray you. The act of loving someone takes some battles, mountains to climb, but it will never leave your side. Loving someone is something you'll never regret. Now the act of loving does not necessarily mean the act is portrayed on a person. It can be a love for anything. Food, sports, art. Now art is love. It will never betray you or make you feel small. It will always make you stronger. It builds up your armor so you'll be ready to fight. Fight the pain of being in love. Because being in love lives in your head, but the act of loving someone or something lives, not only in your heart, but in your body. Your soul and your veins. It runs through your blood without any restrains. So when people say we were in love, I will laugh and completely agree. But I will never surrender to the false accusations of me loving you. Because that feeling I felt I guess lived under my bed. Along with all the monsters and the words that you said.