Fireflies | Teen Ink

Fireflies

June 9, 2013
By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
58 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.


Don't you find it crazy how fireflies light up every July to find a mate? Some go in swarms and others on their own. And they just never seem to give up. The ones that fly with swarms, that are quite obvious to the human eye, seem to have an easier time finding a mate; an easier time finding love. But then there are the fireflies that fly into less obvious places; beautiful places. And these fireflies always seem to shine the brightest light. But for some odd reason, these beautiful, bright fireflies, go unseen. I think people are like this too. The people that you never really seem to notice, go unseen in their own world, usually shine the brightest light. These people that go unseen and unnoticed, usually travel to the most beautiful places and have the most beauty. These are the people who are most needing of love, of care, of nurture. And these people that are usually the most damaged and in need of affection, never really seem to receive it. They are the most beautiful, unseen fireflies.