food and wine | Teen Ink

food and wine MAG

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

you're burnt onto the bottom of everything
I know,
like a bone, or a bad
joke, I choke you out
whole, of course and
wipe the blood from my mouth
pick you out of my teeth and stare
emotionless at the black mess
at the bottom of the pan, take a drink
from the bottle in my hand only to discover
your spirits burning
the back of my throat, fermented
years ago and just now opened
and it's too late
you've already intoxicated me
again, I can feel the world
slowly falling away;
fork falls to table
glass falls to floor
in a crash splatter tinkle carpet stain
and the rest of you spreads
and takes root
impossible to remove
as my poisoned frame lands
on the rug we bought together
last spring.

on Aug. 29 2013 at 6:59 am
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

your writing is eerie and fascinating! the enigma of the poem I still haven't fully figured out, but it's haunting! you've got a great, unique skill.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

This is amazing! All the similes and metaphors are spot on and make perfect sense. This is very unique. Congrats on the check :) Keep rockin

YoruWrites BRONZE, Shelton, Washington

"The difference in judgement between you and me originates from different rules derived from past experience."--Rivaille (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Very well written. The whole time, I wondered what you meant. Could you be talking about a bad break-up? Suicide? Murder? A combination of the three? I don't really know, but that's what I love about it. The mystery drives me nuts, and it's so descriptive. Great job!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Sounds like a case of bad break-up. All the similes and metaphors you use are spectacular. "Picking you out of my teeth" is so creative. If this is about a break-up, well then I didn't interpret it wrong. But if it isn't., let me know. This whole poem is dazzling.