Poem for the World | Teen Ink

Poem for the World MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The world holds us
in the deep hollow
of her smooth palm
like silvery ethereal
dust motes;
suddenly
she sneezes,
blowing us away
onto the floor,
then crushes us
with her
stiletto
as if we were
expendable cockroaches
Crunch!

MyApocalytic writes about the sexy lady earth is. Well, this is my response of the b*tch she can be at times. What? I was upset when I wrote this. Oh, by the way, they didn't have a picture about someone crushing cockroaches. So I had to suffice myself with this picture.

migwam ELITE said...
on Jun. 25 2013 at 12:58 pm
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

She's sexy all right, but boy, is she a fickle one. I love the stiletto imagery. So perfect. Kind of want to put myself in a situation in which I could take a picture of a cockroach getting crushed. JUST FOR YOU <3 Except Alaska is (wonderfully) cockroach-free. I'll keep my eye out just in case ;) Good work as always, my literary pal :))

on Jun. 24 2013 at 8:24 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Tell your brother to hurry up and read it!!! I want to read it soooooooooooo badly its inconceivable. I would be divergent if i lived in their society. I just know it. I am not to afraid of many things and i LOVE THRILLS. I am pretty smart so that's erudite and amity cuz i love nature so much. What do you think you are? I would probably pick dauntless. I think (this is going to be really random but..) my theme song if i had one would be radioactive by imagine dragons. Or shake it out haha Florence junky partners :) anyway...... Wait you emailed Callie your poems? Do you email a lot of people on teenink? The funny thing with me is that i never edit. I guess if i spent more time editing then i may be able to get those amazing check marks that GOD supposedly blesses you with. ;) anywho, that's all. Have a fantastic summer and tell me when you read Allegiant!! Ok, that's all

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 24 2013 at 4:18 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, Liv. Wow, the irony in you seeing a roach. This poem has kinda a funny yet sad back-story. I had been feeling betrayed during the morning and afternoon on Friday. This one that just passed. My family and I went out to a club warehouse to but food. And I was using to Word program on one of the laptof dislplays. And remembering how MyApocalytic writes plenty of poems about the earth to which she refers as a s*xy lady. But I felt angered by the earth. Then, I had an epiphany of the earth holding us in her hands like dust motes, which reminded me of someone's poem here—a haiku called Dust Motes, sadly I don't remeber who wrote it—and suddenly I just started writing on the laptop. All the emotions started to ebb from my heart onto the screen. And I was like I've got to get home to write this immediately otherwise I'll forget. We got home late. But in the middle of night, I kept writing and re-writing it. And like 3 or 4 other poems. Like crazy. Fortunately, I didn't forget none of it. And I emailed Jade. And she read it. And said they were good. And it went well for this child of mine. I couldn't be happier with it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting another red check mark. And I do wish they follow me. I've been just so blessed. I don't really have a secret. I ask everyone that. I guess. Write what you feel. And edit it until it feels right. And re-read it 10000000 times. I hate editing. But I don't feel right if I just write a poem and leave it that way. Until I feel 100000000000000% sure and right about it. Then, I leave it alone. Otherwise, it can take days, till it's perfect...for me...at least. And God really is the one who blesses. Thank HIM. And sometimes I too think there's no way teens write this. It's too good. I guess teens can write. This site proves it. And I too love the TI journals. I haven't used in forever. And I'm waiting to read Allegiant. My bro has a hold on it in the library already. And can't wait for the movie too!!!!! BEST WISHES AND HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER!!!! Thank you so much. 

on Jun. 23 2013 at 7:11 pm

Haha I love this and i can definitly relate! Just the other day there was a cockroach lazily creeping across my floor. Nasty! I love the character displayed in here and your descriptions are beautiful. And please tel me your secret for getting red checks!! It's like they follow you!! Haha no, I know that you are an exceptional writer and if i have learned anything while on this site its that some people here, ate capable of being super writer stars! I mean when I first read your work, Mckay, i was floored. I thought 'there's noooo way that a teenager could write this well!' But i guess its possible and i really long to get there. All in all, another beautiful poem. Though i expect nothing less :) An i finally saw your Teen ink Journal post in the forums. I finished Insurgent a while ago, but that was the second time that i had read it. I really think that the journal is quite fun and brings our little virtual family together :)) so with that said, amazing work and keep on rockin. And remeber i still want autographed everything when you become the the next great poet of our centers. Best wishes and have a happy summer