Poem for the World | Teen Ink

Poem for the World MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The world holds us
in the deep hollow
of her smooth palm
like silvery ethereal
dust motes;
suddenly
she sneezes,
blowing us away
onto the floor,
then crushes us
with her
stiletto
as if we were
expendable cockroaches
Crunch!

MyApocalytic writes about the sexy lady earth is. Well, this is my response of the b*tch she can be at times. What? I was upset when I wrote this. Oh, by the way, they didn't have a picture about someone crushing cockroaches. So I had to suffice myself with this picture.

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Congrats on the publication. You again pass everyone's expectations.

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off." (via Anne Sexton,"For My Lover, Returning To His Wife")

"I think I made you up inside my head.'' (via Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song")

"You called it cosmic; I thought it was icy." (via Ada Coen)

congrats on the publication~~

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Congratulations, yoooouuuu! :) :) Very proud.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Hey, congrats on getting this poem in the magazine, btw XDD

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes, a real twist from what we've all heard. Glad you liked it and that it scared you in a way. Thank you, LaChouette. 

LaChouette GOLD, Mount Vernon, New York

“And then there are the times when the wolves are silent and the moon is howling.”
- George Carlin

I don't want to be a dust mote! It's scary, but I feel like it's true. Anyway, this is a great poem. A lot of things i've read about Mother Nature are about how she's sweet, kind, and caring and all those other soft, gentle words. This really packs a punch! And I like it! It's a real wake- up call. The originality in this is awesome. Great Job!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. ^u^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes, it probably should be. Thank you. 

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

- Martin Luther King Jr.

More like "Poem that makes me fear Mother Nature" - but in a good way. A delightfully dark poem, good job.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Eventaully I will. Since I'm like a year or two away, sadly. But I'll be following a lot of people here and their careers. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

LOL. XD no problem

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Hmmmm, i will think on the emailing thing..... It's good that your poetry stays but its terrible tht there is an age limit :( its 19 right? Well i hope you don't age out anytime soon because that would be terrible not getting to read your poetry!!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I think they stay. Just that we're not able to use them anymore. I dunno if you've noticed. But some poems have their authors real names. Which I suspect means those authors aged their accounts. At least out work has a home. And yeah, I'd hate to be a Stiff. Sorry. And can't wait to see you there.—And doooooooooooooooo email me. We can talk more. And give sneek peeks of our works. And inspire. Thanks.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Most people would fear the earth after reading this. I guess we're not all the same. Maybe one day you will meet her. Hey, she might not be a bad person after all. She's probably misunderstood as we all are. Thanks. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

YES! RED STILETTOS. Or black with red soles. Don't ask me how I know. Lot of day time talk shows. But yeah, that's what the earth wears all day and night. Worse thing, she doesn't get blisters. She's a pro. Thanks, Krasota for the feedback. 

on Jul. 1 2013 at 8:26 am
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

crunch? cool. I liked this, I wanna meet earth now! :P

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

RED STILETTOS! Okay so my best friend and I have this thing where we pretend that his secret weapon is a poisonous red stiletto and that was the first thing that popped in my head when I read this..anyways AWESOME JOB and I HATE COCKROACHES and DARN YOU EARTH.

Haha yeah, I could never do abnegation. I am way to selfish and overly imaginative and curious. And dont even get me mad! If I dont like what someone said to me or my friend I will tell them straight to their face in the truthiest way possible. And I can lie ;) I once convinced this girl that I went to jail haha. I have a question that you may or may not have the answer too: what happens to our teenink accounts when we age out? Do they go away? Cuz that would make me cry.... Anyway, ya! Tell me when you read it and maybe I will email you sometime soon. Have a fabulous summer filled with poetry, divergence and Florence. see you in paris!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, as always. The earth is s*xy. And fickle. Like all s*xy people sometimes. -_- Or so I've heard. JK. The stiletto imagery, I just felt had to be there. I remember you saying the earth is s*xy, so I thought, well then she must wear stilettos. And thank you for wanting to take such a picture. I'm honored. And you're lucky Alaska is cockroach-free. Virginia isn't. But my mom's a neat-freak so I haven't seen one in years. At least not in my house. Thanks again, literary pal. ^u^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I will definitely let you know when I read it. And yes, I do email quiet a few people from Teenink. I mean, I wanna be able to keep in touch with most of the people here. Otherwise, I think we'd might all forget each other in the future. And I think I'd be divergent too. Not cuz everyone says they would be. But sometimes I can be fearless. I love to read and learnd new things. And sometimes, I'll tell people the truth straight up in their faces...when I'm mad. Though, I hate to admit but I can lie pretty well. I try to maintain peace as much as I can. But if you're bullying, oh no, my friend, we have a problem. As for Abnegation, I loose their; I try, but I can be selfsih...and overly curious. Plus, all the rules there, not my cup of tea. And the songs you chose are just divine. I love 'em both. Have a fantastic summer too.