Zero.....Kiryu | Teen Ink

Zero.....Kiryu

By hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio
hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio

I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
I am a dreamer and no one will ever take that away from me.
People may say that you will be nothing but you may say Watch me!

ZERO........

I love something that I can never love again. She was my world. I had to protect her. I realized,she was protecting me. She was my life, my love, my sanity. Even when I fell out of sanity, she was there to pull me back. She was my reason for living.

I have lost. I have the lost the one who I loved and cared for more than I had cared for death. I have lost a brother no matter how corrupt Shizuka made him. I will always love him and he will always be with me. I have lost the battle. I have lost the memories of the girl who I have loved, taken from me like a child's favorite toy.

I hate them, those who have fangs. They took her from me. They took him from me. They took my own life from me. How can I not hate them? I have sworn to destroy them but that would mean destroying her. Can I do that?

I hide in the shadows, my face always unreadable. I watch and wait for the prey to come, wishing and waiting that this was just a bad dream. This isn't a dream just as Rido,Yukki,and Ichiru wasn't a dream. Can I go through now That I am working with her once again? Is she the same person that she was in the memories I have regained? I know that I must follow Ichiru's last words. I must live life and fight as long as I can. I must protect her. I must.

KIRYU........

This is what I feel Zero is thinking deep down during the vampire knight Saga. The girl he talks about is Yukki Cross/Kuran, the one he swore to protect until he found out what she was. Ichiru was his brother who died thanks to the pureblood vampire. Shizuka is the vampire who turned Zero into what he is, a vampire. He loathes all vampires and even himself. I do empathize with him.