Why, I did that to myself | Teen Ink

Why, I did that to myself

By PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Keep smiling...Because life is a beautiful thing. And there is so much to smile about!
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" Benjamin Franklin

Heavy in my mind, heavy in my head. I wasted so much time. Minutes turns to hours, hours into days, days into weeks. On and on again. Only thing I can do is eat, drink, sleep and think,Think,THINK! Can't believe I was willing enough, to even think that was an option. I would have hurt so many people. Friends, family and others too. My life can suck sometimes, but I shouldn't hurt myself. Everyday won't be a good day. Life is so precious! And to think I was too fed up with my Life to deal with the pain.
I can't take the easy way out. I have to deal with my problems and not run away from them. I'm the only one that can make myself happy, and I should not depend on others to do so. Because of my choices and actions, I'm stuck in this smelly hospital bed until I get better. Thinking about family, friends and life. Thinking about the consequences. Thinking, WHY, I did that to myself!

on Dec. 5 2012 at 5:28 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I like it. I like how you only introduced the setting at the very end. Very unique.

LunaLives GOLD said...
on Nov. 30 2012 at 8:34 pm
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

I wish I could write free verse like that. You have a lot of meaning in such a small amount of words. Great job.

on Aug. 21 2012 at 3:19 pm
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Thankssss!

Hannabug GOLD said...
on Aug. 19 2012 at 6:58 pm
Hannabug GOLD, Winona, Minnesota

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine." Ludwig van Beethoven

Amazingness!!!

on Jul. 18 2012 at 10:32 pm
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

I'm glad. Thanks!

on Jul. 18 2012 at 10:01 pm
Mantequilla SILVER, Eagan, Minnesota
That was awesome. I always like stuff where it's not the despair of cutting/suicide, but on the up; the resolution, the change. Very well done. :)

on Jul. 18 2012 at 5:05 pm
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Thanks

on Jul. 12 2012 at 3:57 pm
nakubara PLATINUM, Belvidere, New Jersey

Everything you do in life is insignificant, but its important you do it anyway ~Ghandi

Great, alot of emotion.

on Jun. 19 2012 at 8:11 pm
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Thank You. Glad you enjoyed it!

dak0ta SILVER said...
on Jun. 8 2012 at 10:42 am
dak0ta SILVER, Lalaland, Other

I get an afternoon
4 hours of your time
The clock is ticking
How could I possibly fit all I need
Into a single timeframe?

nice, love th emotions shining through hehe

on May. 19 2012 at 11:49 am
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Thank you. Im glad you enjoyed it. :)

on May. 18 2012 at 11:52 pm
Bookeater BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

"we are all mad here"~ Cheshire cat:"

Wow. This is just... Wow.

This is written great, but the emotion behind it is amazing. Staying strong is the biggest part, and I'm glad you did so.

Great writing, great story, and so I must say congradulations to you.

on May. 16 2012 at 8:49 pm
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Yes, I agree when I re read my poem,  I thought it needed more information too. Thank you very much for your feedback. :) I think I will re write this poem.

Lacer GOLD said...
on May. 16 2012 at 6:27 pm
Lacer GOLD, Highland Village, Texas

The thing about philosophy is that it often runs dry when thought of so shallowly.

The narrative is excellent. You have a very good handle on first person view, that's obviously your strength. Your weakness is that there is little purpose here. The reader is given so little information, that I want to know what happened and get some background, otherwise I'm just confused. Albeit this is a poem, so your audience is mainly emotionally based viewers, but to capture more people, broaden your horizon and try to make it a story, not just a poem if that's what you'd rather have.

Goldy97 GOLD said...
on May. 16 2012 at 4:44 pm
Goldy97 GOLD, Savona, New York

There is nothing worth hoping for when there is no hope left.

that hapend to me but it was because i wanted to comitte suicide and i'm a self cutter.