Dig Deep | Teen Ink

Dig Deep

By live.love.learn. SILVER, El Cajon, California
live.love.learn. SILVER, El Cajon, California

The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned, rich, famous, powerful, or good, but simply to be radiant. I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, calm courage, and good will. I wish to live without hate, whim, jealousy, envy, fear. I wish to be simple, honest, frank, natural, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected - as ready to say I do not know, if it be so, and to meet all men on an absolute equality - to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unabashed and unafraid.
I wish others to live their lives, too - up to their highest, fullest, and best. To that end I pray that I may never meddle, interfere, dictate, give advice that is not wanted, or assist when my services are not needed. If I can help people, I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference, and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. That is to say, I desire to be radiant - to radiate life.
-Elbert Hubbard

As I walk through my soul
I seek to know what’s truly within
I dig and dig and dig
Yet I am not happy with what has been found
The more I walk I wait to be found
The more I look around I am waiting for someone to complete me
But it seems like the more I yearn the more they dodge
I want everything the passing shadows have
Though I seem not able to get to it
I think and think to find out why I can not
Then I stop upon one flower
I look into the center and see myself
I see all the wrong actions I have done
I have created a true fool of myself
I get up from the flower and make it to the end
I have figured out my true calling
I can’t stand around and wait upon others
I must plant my own garden
Be my own
I MUST BE MY OWN PERSON

“You plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers......”

on Feb. 6 2012 at 11:52 pm

-Elbert Hubbard

thnx! glad u like it and that i inspired u! :)

on Feb. 6 2012 at 11:40 pm
SLim_SHaDy SILVER, Akola, Other

Arise, Awake and stop not till the goal is reached!

Awesome writing!!! Truly inspiring!!!!!!!!

on Feb. 5 2012 at 11:22 pm

-Elbert Hubbard

thnx! thats what i wanted to get through to others :)

on Feb. 5 2012 at 11:21 pm

-Elbert Hubbard

thnx soo much! means a lot the both of you! you guys truly inspired me to write to more poems :)

iStorm GOLD said...
on Feb. 5 2012 at 2:29 am
iStorm GOLD, Anonymous, Other

You can't change your past, but you can change your future.

Your an amazing writer and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Love this poem!!

on Feb. 3 2012 at 12:40 am
ethan_bane_hope GOLD, Willis, Texas

there is nothing to fear except fear itself

i like this one. i must say that i like it more than true beauty, which is also a good one. but this one is on a narrower subject and more to the point. but it also provides a wide point of view and a clear desire to better yourself