I Am Nothing But A Ghost | Teen Ink

I Am Nothing But A Ghost

January 17, 2012
By necrophilikat PLATINUM, Greshamville, Georgia
necrophilikat PLATINUM, Greshamville, Georgia
21 articles 0 photos 12 comments

To the world, I was simply dead. I had found light. I was at peace. In reality, I was earthbound. I was a lost soul trying to figure out why. Why did I have to die? I didn't see the water, I didn't know I was driving. I guess that's what happens when your true love hurts you for the first time and you get wasted. I was a good kid, I wasn't a smoker or a drinker. But when she hurt me, I went insane. Does she even know where I am? I bet she doesn't know. How can I help her now that I'm dead? How can I be there for her? She needs me more than anything as I need her. What's going to happen to us? I can't stand to see her pretty blue eyes cry. What can I do? I'm a ghost. I'm nothing but a ghost. There are so many things I wanted to say to her, there were so many plans we wanted to live out. This can't be happening..
How can someone else take my place when she couldn't tell her parents I even existed? She deserves a better life, why can't I give it to her now? I tried screaming, but no one even turned. No one could hear me. I am really dead. I was left for the fallen, to help me on a path I didn't want to take. What I need to do is stay here and help the love of my life survive a world of cold. How can I help her? She's too weak to carry on, she'll give up.. And I won't be able to stop her. All I can do is watch as she slowly comes to an end. She's too far for me to reach. I can't save her. I forgive you.. Please don't give up..