Just Acquaintance | Teen Ink

Just Acquaintance

By IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

You know me,
I know you,
But not well enough.
You’ve got your friends,
And I have my own.
You’ve got your thing,
And I have my own.
We’re different,
In every way that matters,
And in every way,
That doesn’t matter at all.
I like you,
And as days pass,
It feels more like an addiction,
An unhealthy obsession.
I want to see you every day,
And I dream about us every night.
But it pains me,
That we’re not even friends…

This is about my crush. We're not "just friends" because we're not even friends. Anyway, he wasn't actually my crush. I just thought he was.

on Aug. 14 2013 at 3:50 pm
Sam_Dawn_Richi SILVER, Augusta, Georgia

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning dance in the rain." -anonymus

I can relate... you think you like this person, then you discover you don't. and good poem! im currently an "aquaintance" with a boy i like, and it is annoying. but if it's meant to be, i know it will fall together. thanks for sharing.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 3 2013 at 2:42 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

We can all relate to this poem in one way or the other. We all think about that one person that gives us jitters. And yet they might not even know us at all. I like the playfulness of it. Even though it's serious. I like how you realize that it's almost become an unhealthy obession on your part. Most people wouldn't admit to that. 

on Dec. 8 2011 at 6:21 pm
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

I like this because I can definitely relate to it :) nice job!

on Oct. 19 2011 at 7:06 pm
TheWordSmith SILVER, Placerville, California

I think everyone can definitely relate to this poem! I would personally suggest using more intricate phrases and descriptive words to convey the emotion. 

I liked the part where you said, "It feels more like an addiction, an unhealthy obsession." I think that describes a crush perfectly ;) haha

on Oct. 14 2011 at 9:48 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Well I thought this was kind of cute. I guess it's kind of hard to keep a crush without being friends first. :) But people do seem that way sometimes, and I love that I can really relate to this poem. Great job with this!