Mama Says | Teen Ink

Mama Says

By BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado
BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado

"You'll find the right guy someday. One day he'll come along, sweep you off your feet and you'll be fine." -Noah D.

Mama says, "You'll have that someday, baby girl." Oh how I wish Mama would be right for I hate to keep making up fantasies of these guys in my dreams at night... I've loved and lost more friends than I can count from it, but Mama still stands strong, even after the storm hits and hits again. I ain't got no daddy to carry me away in a dance... but I follow my Mama and get back up and keep going finding the love and persevering. I want to walk home like my Mama says with the boy who'll never leave my side, and always hold my hand on the way home. I may not have my daddy to take me away in a dance so I can be ready for the ball, but I follow my Mama's footsteps and get back up and move on. One day I'll be gone and I want what Mama says that I'll have that boy someday who'll never leave my side and hold my hand walking home. I don't need a daddy to be Cinderella and dance before the ball, I ain't got no daddy, but it don't matter for one day I'll walk home after I follow Mama's footsteps and get back up and keep moving along, I'll walk home to where I belong, holding his hand after never leaving his side and dance the night away not needing a daddy to teach me only following my Mama's footsteps to get back up even after the storms hit again and again and after they clear and the damage is done.