Mama Says | Teen Ink

Mama Says

September 12, 2011
By BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado
BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado
43 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You'll find the right guy someday. One day he'll come along, sweep you off your feet and you'll be fine." -Noah D.


Mama says, "You'll have that someday, baby girl." Oh how I wish Mama would be right for I hate to keep making up fantasies of these guys in my dreams at night... I've loved and lost more friends than I can count from it, but Mama still stands strong, even after the storm hits and hits again. I ain't got no daddy to carry me away in a dance... but I follow my Mama and get back up and keep going finding the love and persevering. I want to walk home like my Mama says with the boy who'll never leave my side, and always hold my hand on the way home. I may not have my daddy to take me away in a dance so I can be ready for the ball, but I follow my Mama's footsteps and get back up and move on. One day I'll be gone and I want what Mama says that I'll have that boy someday who'll never leave my side and hold my hand walking home. I don't need a daddy to be Cinderella and dance before the ball, I ain't got no daddy, but it don't matter for one day I'll walk home after I follow Mama's footsteps and get back up and keep moving along, I'll walk home to where I belong, holding his hand after never leaving his side and dance the night away not needing a daddy to teach me only following my Mama's footsteps to get back up even after the storms hit again and again and after they clear and the damage is done.