All Those Nights in June | Teen Ink

All Those Nights in June

June 29, 2011
By thegirlinthedress GOLD, Ocklawaha, Florida
thegirlinthedress GOLD, Ocklawaha, Florida
13 articles 5 photos 4 comments

The moon shines through my window like all those nights in June. 
When the world was all as it should have been, all those nights in June. 
I was the girl I dreamed to be, all those nights in June. 
You where the guy I wanted so bad finally mine, all those nights in June. 
You held my hand keeping me close, all those nights in June. 
We laughed on the beach without a care, all those nights in June. 
I forgot the world staring into your eyes, all those nights in June. 
The screaming matches got louder and louder, all those nights in June. 
I fled from the house, now safe in your arms, all those nights in June. 
I cried into your chest, you calmed me down, all those nights in June. 
The nights heard my laughs and felt my tears, all those night in June. 
The screaming turned to hitting ending with you that last night in June
Now I lay here my heart filled with tears from all those nights in June. 
It was too good to be true, I believed it so did you, all those nights in June. 
I want to move on but you still haunt me from all those nights in June. 
I wish you where here so I could still feel that feeling I felt all those nights in June. 
But you aren't here and aren't coming back just a memory of all those nights in june. 
Now you lay still, a rose in your hand and a kiss on your lips from that last of all those nights in June. 
I loved you and still do even after all those nights in June. 
 
 


The author's comments:
This poem is fictional. It's kind of like a fairytale gone wrong if you know what I mean.