Label jars; not people | Teen Ink

Label jars; not people

By Chloe_killjoy BRONZE, Monticellow, Arkansas
Chloe_killjoy BRONZE, Monticellow, Arkansas
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

You see a thirteen year old girl with a new born baby and call her a slut. But did you know that her step dad raped her? You see an overweight person and laugh. But did you know he/she have a condition that causes them to gain weight and it will soon kill them? You see a guy about thirty missing an arm and call him a freak. But did you know that he lost his arm fighting for your freedom? You see a girl with cuts and burns veiling her arms and call her a stupid emo. But did you know mother abuses her? You see a couple living in a car and call them bums. But did you know they both graduated college but just cant seem to find a job? You see two guys walking down the street and say they are queers and will burn in hell. But did you know that homosexuality is not a choice, your born like it? You see a girl crying 24/7 about her new ex and call her clingy. But did you know she gave him everything and he gave nothing back? You see a seventy year old couple and think gross how could they still love each other. But did you know that every time the man looks into her eyes he still sees the beautiful young woman he married many years ago? You see a girl with no friends and she is always by herself and you say she is an outcast. But did you know she can't bring herself to trust anyone?
So before you you say something about someone why don't you stop and think, what is their life like?

Mandy-chan BRONZE, West Plains, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Just keep writing and never look back
-Unknown

Beautifully written, it always brings me to tears. You have a gift, dear Cc. Use it well.

Brewhit SILVER said...
Brewhit SILVER, Tamaroa, Illinois
Almost brought me to tears. Very good :)

KaitlynG BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana
this is a beautiful poem and i hope you continue to use your gift:)!if you want to check out mine,i have a nonfiction story called muted and a free verse poem called alziehmers disese