Read Between the Lie's | Teen Ink

Read Between the Lie's

By Raquel25 GOLD, Centralia, Washington
Raquel25 GOLD, Centralia, Washington

"Love me, not for her, not for him, not for she, not for he, not even for me, but for you."

"Outer beauty is the eyes reaction to inner beauty"

(I)’m so utterly in love with you. I have no clue how to tell you this, (M)y mind feels like it should implode even at the thought of you. People have told me (L)ove is a lie and I believed them, but that was until I could have even Imagined meeting you. I am willing to commit my (E)ntire life to you. No one thinks that they will be so easily (I)ntroduced to the person they will love for the rest of their lives. On my mind you will always be, a (N)ever ending thought inside of me. I’ll become a (G)roupie if you say you’ll be my band. I’ll be you’r (T)eller if you are my secret. (H)ow ever you want to say it, I will be here for you whether peace or melancholy (R)ough and ready beautifully spun. (O)ut of every earthling entering this (U)niverse, your the only one who can manage to take away my breath. (G)ive me your (H)eart and I’ll give you every day of (M)y life. You walk past me, my heart races rapidly (T)o the rhythm of your feet hitting the floor. What’s (E)ntertaining about this situation is that I’ve never even spoken to you? (E)very(T)hing seems to go into slow motion the second I even try to open my mouth in front of you. (H)ow have I lasted so long without you? My teenage life would be a wreck if you weren’t here.

Love-
Just another standard teenage boy.

Teenage boy, they'll tell yo anything to make you feel special. The parenthesis tell a totally different story.

on Apr. 20 2011 at 6:34 pm
lyssamarie97 BRONZE, Centralia, Washington

"I am, I am, I am." Slyvia Plath, The Bell Jar

hi Raquel want some apple pie filling if ya know what i mean! :D Luv ya! And guess who!

on Apr. 20 2011 at 6:33 pm

This poem was written from a girls point of view..... Just sayin.

dark_angel said...
on Apr. 5 2011 at 8:47 am
this is one of the greatest poems i have read "EVER"!!!!!!!!

on Apr. 5 2011 at 12:06 am
This was a great poem i loved it!!! It really reminded me of the jerks in my class. :)

on Apr. 4 2011 at 10:14 am
HopeRising BRONZE, Desloge, Missouri

"I'll carry your books, carry a torch, carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Carry Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun." -Hawkeye M*A*S*H

Holy Freakin' Crap! Way true! That was the most awesome thing ever!

on Apr. 3 2011 at 10:16 pm
We.Are.Broken. BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe and leave's before she is left" - Marilyn Monroe

This was AMAZING! This poem really tell's the truth just remember not all guys lie :) (but i will admit most do)

on Apr. 1 2011 at 3:02 pm
purplexkisses BRONZE, Loganville, Georgia

"my only love sprung from my only hate" juliet from romeo and juliet

wow this was amazing:) great job, and ur so rite about teenage boys lieing through their teeth. ugh!

on Apr. 1 2011 at 10:22 am
ForgottenSomeHow PLATINUM, Harrison, Arkansas

Many Things Are Said,
Many Words Are Meant,
It's The One's That Hurt You The Most,
You Don't Never Forget.

I'm Lieing Through My Teeth.(: I Got It.

Faey101 said...
on Mar. 31 2011 at 10:56 pm
Its a great poem. Really well written!(Same here... all the guys at my school are jerks too!)

on Mar. 31 2011 at 8:59 pm
Awesomafied BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

"Then if he thrive, and I be cast away, the worst was this: my love was my decay" -Shakespeare

Aww, it is so nice to hear a guy saying something so sweet about a girl... I guess this seems so nice to me because all the guys at my school are jerks.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Mar. 31 2011 at 2:45 pm
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

This is good. It is cleverly written.

Raquel25 GOLD said...
on Mar. 31 2011 at 1:14 pm
Raquel25 GOLD, Centralia, Washington

My computer seemed to have deleted some of the writing during the process. Im sorry Its supposed to state (IMLYINGTHROUGHMYTEETH) 

on Mar. 31 2011 at 12:05 pm

I like it, it's very creative.

But I'm confused about what the letters in () spell out.

When I wrote down the letter I got (IMLEINGTHOUGHMYTEETH)

Shouldn't it be (IMLYING)?

on Mar. 30 2011 at 8:30 pm
little-miss-mistakes GOLD, Plano, Texas

even after all these years the sun has never said to the earth, you owe me... look at what a love like that can do, it can light up the sky

this is really really idk just honest.......i like it! very clever