To Anyone | Teen Ink

To Anyone

January 20, 2011
By TFkNS_14 SILVER, Bowling Green, Kentucky
TFkNS_14 SILVER, Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 articles 94 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
-Henry Van Dyke


To anyone who’s ever put me down, thanks; I learned how to get back up.

To anyone who's ever let me fall, thanks; I learned how to stand on my own.

To anyone who's ever hurt me, thanks; I learned how to heal.

To anyone who's ever lied to me, thanks; I learned how to realize the truth.

To anyone who's ever left me in the dark, thanks; I learned how to see the light.

To anyone who’s ever called me names, thanks; I learned how to forgive.

To anyone who’s ever silenced me, thanks; I learned how to speak.

To anyone who’s ever judged me, thanks; I learned how to be unashamed.

To anyone who’s ever misguided me, thanks; I learned how to lead.

To anyone who’s ever worried me, thanks; I learned how to embrace peace.

To anyone who’s ever scared me, thanks; I learned how to be brave.

To anyone who’s ever challenged me, thanks; I learned how to be strong.

To anyone who’s ever quit on me, thanks; I learned how to persevere.

To anyone who’s ever held me to the past, thanks; I learned how to move on.

To anyone who’s ever pushed me away, thanks; I learned how to hold-fast.

To anyone who’s ever meant something to me, thanks; I learned how to thrive.

To anyone who’s ever stood up for me, thanks; I learned how to appreciate.

To anyone who’s ever said “I love you” to me, thanks; I learned how to believe it.

To anyone who's ever been a friend to me, thanks; I learned how to love.

To anyone who’s never given up on me, thanks; I learned how to be a friend.