where are the words? | Teen Ink

where are the words?

January 13, 2011
By mmmbri GOLD, Dubois, Pennsylvania
mmmbri GOLD, Dubois, Pennsylvania
11 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"each day's a gift, and not a given right."


What do you say when there's nothing left to say? When the words that reflect the feelings have escaped and left your mind as blank as the eyes you see in the mirror? What do you say when you're staring down that pill bottle wishing you had the courage to swallow it all? Where do the words go when you're cross-legged on the floor with your head in your hands? The tears come. Oh, do the tears come. But where are the words? Where is the ability to express what you're feeling? Where is the explanation? Where is the cause? Where are the words?
What do you say when there's nothing left to say? When you're on your knees and the vomit flows freely but the words are obstructed? What do you say when you're staring at the sky, seeking the answers to a question you don't have? What do you say? Where do the words go? Do they go on vacation without you? Skiing in the Alps, swimming with the dolphins? Do they travel the stars only to come back empty handed? A pathetic glimpse of proof that the only sign of life is the pathetic excuse handed to you.
What do you say when there's nothing left to say? When your thoughts are racing faster than the speed of light? When your five seconds of mania meets five years of depression? What do you say to the child who can't understand what these emotions mean? Where are the explanations? What do you say when the doctors stand with their jaws upon the floor as empty worded as the rest of the world?
What do you say then?

I'll tell you what you say...

You say nothing.
And it means nothing.
Nothing falls upon these ears and settles into hopelessness.
Hopelessness doesn't lead to life,
doesn't lead to happiness,
doesn't lead to healthy.

Hopelessness leads to nothing,
leaving there nothing left to say.