His eyes | Teen Ink

His eyes

By Alicia-Turner BRONZE, Bradenton, Florida
Alicia-Turner BRONZE, Bradenton, Florida

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

His eyes are as dark as midnight.
They penetrate right through my
flesh and bone, caresses my soul.

His body strong as an ox.
russet-brown skin, smooth
as a babies' bottom. Hands
intertwined perfectly with mine.

His smile flawless as ever.
Teeth are as white as the
clouds on a perfect day.
Lips smooth and moist.
Like those of an angel.

on Jun. 25 2010 at 12:42 am

lol ohh yeah:) thank you<3 your the first person to say that!

on Jun. 16 2010 at 8:36 am
brittanyelsie GOLD, Highland, Indiana

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
–Walt Disney

i like it (:

you should def. keep writing!

& i knoww you :p

lol, we're friends on myspace :0