cut me open | Teen Ink

cut me open MAG

By flightlessbird PLATINUM, La Monte, Missouri
flightlessbird PLATINUM, La Monte, Missouri

Cut me open, take a slice into my thick pale skin. Look beneath my layers and make sure to grab a pen. Write about my backbone, watch me stand before your eyes. Write about the shock and awe that came to you by surprise.
Cut me open, tear my insides apart. Tell me i'm not good enough or that i have no heart. See it pumping my blood that now is on your hands. See how pure i was, remember i had plans.
Cut me open, just for your joy and fun. Just take all my feelings in your hands and begin to run. Why bother to sew me up?i'll still be left with scars.
So, cut me open, pick me apart.
You will see, i was great from the start.

people often do not see beneath a persons exterior and many times when they do, all they can do is pick apart your flaws and tell you what is wrong. Well im encouraging people to look deeper than the surface and what they find will be pretty amazing.

Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

wow, very well writen!!

on Mar. 23 2011 at 9:13 am
Sammiekay SILVER, St. Peters, Missouri

"Who you are is not what you did." -Taylor Swift

I absolutely love this poem!! it is amazing i rated it and favorited it!!! it realtes alot to my life...it is my fa vorite poemm!:)

on Dec. 1 2010 at 1:33 am
MoriahR. BRONZE, Tomball, Texas
Awww! This was very beautiful!  I LOVED IT VERY MUCH!   I rated and favorited it!  I hope you get more views!

on Jul. 7 2010 at 2:05 am
DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California

"Don't ever let the media tell you what to look like. You're beautiful the way you are. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly." - Gerard Way.

wow...jst wow. there are absolutely no words for how amazing this poem is...i am in love with it :) i can relate to it so much i am so happy tht someone has finally expressed it in words. this is wonderful and shocking ad amazing and just WOW. theres nothing that needs to be changed about it; it's perfect. please keep writing more!! :)