Embroidery | Teen Ink

Embroidery MAG

By Kairi_McEwin GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kairi_McEwin GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

“Truth is always stranger than fiction. We craft fiction to match our sense of how things ought to be, but truth cannot be crafted. Truth is, and truth has a way of astonishing us to our knees. Reminding us, that the universe does not exist to fulfill our expectations. Because we are imperfect beings who are self-blinded to the truth of the world’s stunning complexity, we shave reality to paper thin theories and ideologies that we can easily grasp – and we call them truths. But the truth of a sea in all it’s immensity cannot be embodied in one tidewashed pebble.”

To be an author,
A poet, a writer,
A journalist, a songwriter,
Any job that requires writing,
You need to learn the art of words.

You need to sew the ink,
onto the cloth of paper,
weaving your needle, your pen,
between the blue lines,
creating the quilt.

on Feb. 14 2011 at 9:25 am
Kairi_McEwin GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Thank you so much! I try to be detailed.

on Jan. 13 2011 at 7:32 pm
singergurl12 GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

Fairy tales are true, not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.

this is really cool... i really like how you put in just a touch of imagery... you should be really proud- keep writing!

on Oct. 21 2010 at 6:59 pm
Kairi_McEwin GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Thank you for your feedback. I liked this peom myself. I was shocked when I saw that it was published.

on Sep. 29 2010 at 7:22 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Very simple, and yet I like it very much. I found that I liked the second bit better than the first, for I loved your description of 'the art of words.' I suppose you really understand writing.